This trip encompasses an adventurous trek to the Everest Advance Base Camp, coupled with an exploratory journey across the Tibetan highlands.
This tour has been designed for the traveler with the wanderlust, someone who is forever in the lookout for fresh challenges and high adventure. Tibet, with an average altitude in excess of 3500 meters, is the highest plateau in the world. Lying to the north of the great Himalayan range, Tibet is more or less an untamed land of nomads (Drokpas), monasteries and high altitude desert that seem to stretch endlessly.
- An incredible adventure trek along surreally sculpted Rongbuk Glacier to Camp III at 6340 meter, the advance base camp for the north Col route up Mount Everest
- The world’s highest trek that takes you as close to the summit of Everest as any non-climber can go without using any technical climbing gears and without mountaineering skill.
- Awesome glimpse of the striated rock summit of Mt. Everest.
- Excellent view of entire Mount Everest from Rongbuk
- Breath-taking display of picturesque mosaic of Tibetan settlements, nomadic herdsmen, ancient monasteries, high Mountain passes, wide arid plains and awe-inspiring mountain views.
- 4 amazing nights in Lhasa visiting Potala Palace, Norbulingkha monastery, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Markets, Drepung monastery and Tashilumpu in Shigatse.
- High chances to witness many Everest climbers fighting their way to the summit.
Day 01 – Arrive Lhasa (3660m)
Day 2-3 – Sightseeing in Lhasa (3660m)
Day 04 – Free in Lhasa (3660m)
Day 05 – Drive Lhasa – Gyantse (3950m)
Day 06 – Drive to Shigatse (3900m)
Day 07 – Sightseeing & drive to Shegar (4050m)
Day 08 – Drive Shegar – Rongbuk (5000m)
Day 09-10 – At Everest Base Camp (5200m)
Day 11 – Trek to Camp 1 (5460m)
Day 12 – Trek to Interim Camp (5760m)
Day 13 – Rest day at Interim Camp (5760m)
Day 14 – Trek to Camp 2 (5970m)
Day 15 – Trek to Everest Advance Base camp (camp 3, 6400m) and return to Camp 2
Day 16 – Return to Base Camp
Day 17 – Drive Base Camp to Nyalam (215km)
Day 18 – Drive Nyalam (3750m) to Kathmandu